Your resource for fungi information
Amanita regalis   (Royal Fly Agaric)
Cap 5-10 cm diameter, stem 6-12 cm tall * 1.5-2.5 cm thick
This site contains no information about the edibility or toxicity of mushrooms.

Amanita regalis, commonly known as the Royal Fly Agaric, is a medium to large agaric with a brown, fleshy cap featuring patches. It has white gills, a ring, and a basal bulb. This mushroom typically grows solitarily or scattered on the forest floor in mixed woods.

Cap initially egg-shaped, then becomes convex and eventually flattens out. It is smooth and slightly greasy in damp conditions, and is glossy brown. The cap usually retains irregular whitish-grey fragments of the universal veil. The flesh is white firm and medium. Gills crowded close together, free from attachment to the stem, and white with a creamy yellow tinge. Stem white, smooth, lined above the ring. The ring is large white and fairly firm, superior. Spore print white.

Microscopic Features: The spores are broadly ellipsoidal, measuring 8-10 μm in length and 6-7 μm in width. They are inamyloid.

Amanita regalis on the web site.

Many mushrooms are poisonous and some are lethally poisonous. It can be very difficult to distinguish between an edible and a poisonous mushroom. Because of that, we recommend that you never eat wild mushrooms, and this site does not contain any information about the edibility or toxicity of mushrooms.

Although efforts have been made to ensure accuracy on this website, the information may contain errors and omissions. Therefore, the information presented here is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon as any basis for consuming any plants or mushrooms.

Links to external websites that provide information about mushrooms are included for reference purposes only. We do not endorse, or assume responsibility for the information, content, or recommendations provided on these external sites.

Cookie notice

We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and to show you relevant advertising, as well as to analyze traffic.

Learn more about cookies


Many mushrooms are poisonous and some are lethally poisonous and this website cannot and will not tell you whether the mushrooms you find are safe.

In viewing the material on this website you agree that Mushroom World and its owner have no liability for injury, illness or death caused by eating wild plants or mushrooms after viewing this site.

If you continue, you agree to view this website under these terms.