MUSHROOM WORLD
www.mushroom.world
Your resource for fungi information
Ampulloclitocybe clavipes   (Club Foot)
Family
Tricholomataceae
Location
North America, Europe
Dimensions
Cap 4-8 cm diameter, stem 3-7 cm tall * 1-1.5 cm thick
Edibility
This site contains no information about the edibility or toxicity of mushrooms.

Description
Ampulloclitocybe clavipes, commonly known as Club Foot is best identified by its club-shaped stem, which is swollen at the base and tapering toward the top and funnel-shaped cap with white girls that extend downward. It grows solitary or in small troops on soil in broad-leaf woods, favouring beech.

Cap convex with a small boss, becoming plane to depressed in shape. It has a smooth surface. Cap colours are generally grey-brown, sometimes tinged olive, with a pale margin. Gills are strongly decurrent and cream-yellow in colour, contrasting with the rest of the mushroom. There are some smaller gills in between the regular gills, and the gills are occasionally forked near the stem. The gill edges are straight in younger mushrooms and sometimes wavy (undulate) in older ones. Flesh white, but slightly yellow at the base. Stem bulbous base, its surface is covered in silky fibres, and it is the same colour as the cap.

Synonyms the newer name for Clitocybe clavipes is Ampulloclitocybe clavipes.

Ampulloclitocybe clavipes on the www.first-nature.com web site.
Ampulloclitocybe clavipes on the MushroomExpert.Com Web site.

Many mushrooms are poisonous and some are lethally poisonous. It can be very hard to distinguish between an edible and a poisonous mushroom. We recommend, because of this, that you don't eat wild mushrooms at all, and this site does not contain any information about the edibility or toxicity of the mushrooms listed here.

Although efforts have been made to ensure accuracy on this website, the information may contain errors and omissions and should not be relied upon and be used as any basis for eating any plants or mushrooms.




Cookie notice

We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and to show you relevant advertising, as well as to analyze traffic.

Learn more about cookies


DISCLAIMER

Many of the most common mushrooms are poisonous and some are lethally poisonous and this website cannot and will not tell you whether the mushrooms you find are safe.

In viewing the material on this website you agree that Mushroom World and its owner have no liability for injury, illness or death caused by eating wild plants or mushrooms after viewing this site.

If you continue, you agree to view this website under these terms.