MUSHROOM WORLD
www.mushroom.world
Your resource for fungi information
Cortinarius orellanus   (Fool's Webcap)
Family
Cortinariaceae
Location
North America, Europe
Dimensions
Cap 3-7 cm diameter, stem 3-8 cm tall * 0.5-1.3 cm diameter
Edibility
This site contains no information about the edibility or toxicity of mushrooms.

Description
Cortinarius orellanus, also known as Fool's Webcap, is a medium-sized agaric with a tawny brown, blunt umbonate cap. The gills are coloured as the stem. Grows solitary or in scattered trooping groups, with broad-leaf trees. The mushroom is lethally poisonous.

Cap bell-shaped, with a sharply inrolled margin at first, expanding to convex or flat, with a broad, low, rounded hump. Surface minutely fibrillose, tending to develop fine, depressed scales. Brownish orange to reddish-orange. Margin thin, often flaring in age. Stem cylindrical, becoming hollow. Surface fibrillose; moderate yellow to moderate orange with zones of reddish.

Cortinarius orellanus on the www.first-nature.com web site.

Many mushrooms are poisonous and some are lethally poisonous. It can be very hard to distinguish between an edible and a poisonous mushroom. We recommend, because of this, that you don't eat wild mushrooms at all, and this site does not contain any information about the edibility or toxicity of the mushrooms listed here.

Although efforts have been made to ensure accuracy on this website, the information may contain errors and omissions and should not be relied upon and be used as any basis for eating any plants or mushrooms.




Cookie notice

We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and to show you relevant advertising, as well as to analyze traffic.

Learn more about cookies


DISCLAIMER

Many of the most common mushrooms are poisonous and some are lethally poisonous and this website cannot and will not tell you whether the mushrooms you find are safe.

In viewing the material on this website you agree that Mushroom World and its owner have no liability for injury, illness or death caused by eating wild plants or mushrooms after viewing this site.

If you continue, you agree to view this website under these terms.