This site contains no information about the edibility or toxicity of mushrooms.
Gomphidius glutinosus, also known as Slimy Spike, is a grey-brown agaric that is covered in a colourless, slimy veil. The stem has an indistinct ring zone, often stained black by spores, and its base is lemon-yellow. The mushroom is mycorrhizal with spruce.
grey-brown, convex or bun-shaped, becoming expanded and flattened, heavily viscid when damp, becoming shiny when dry. Flesh dirty white, moderate, and firm. Gills
at first whitish, becoming tinged olivaceous-grey when mature, deeply decurrent, thick. Stem
dirty white, more or less equal, lemon yellow at base. Ring white, glutinous, zone-like.
on the MushroomExpert.Com Web site.
on the www.first-nature.com web site.
on the mykoweb.com web site.
Many mushrooms are poisonous and some are lethally poisonous. It can be very hard to distinguish between an edible and a poisonous mushroom. We recommend, because of this, that you don't eat wild mushrooms at all, and this site does not contain any information about the edibility or toxicity of the mushrooms listed here.
Although efforts have been made to ensure accuracy on this website, the information may contain errors and omissions and should not be relied upon and be used as any basis for eating any plants or mushrooms.