MUSHROOM WORLD
www.mushroom.world
Your resource for fungi information
Hypholoma fasciculare   (Sulphur Tuft)
Family
Strophhariaceae
Location
North America, Europe
Dimensions
Cap 2-7 cm diameter, 4-10 cm tall * 0.5-1 cm diameter
Edibility
This site contains no information about the edibility or toxicity of mushrooms.

Description
Hypholoma fasciculare, also known as Sulphur Tuft Mushroom, is a medium-sized agaric whose main two characteristics is the greenish-yellow gills and a tendency to cluster on dead wood.

Cap convex, sulphur-yellow with darker orange center. It is expanded with age, smooth but with velar remnants attached to the margin. Flesh is sulphur-yellow, firm and moderate. Gills green sheen on greenish yellow to alove-brown, crowded, adnate. Stem is more or less similarly coloured as the cap, but it is darker brown towards the base. The ring is zone-like, faint, and with maturity same colour as spores.

Hypholoma fasciculare on the First Nature Web site.
Hypholoma fasciculare on the MushroomExpert.Com Web site.

Many mushrooms are poisonous and some are lethally poisonous. It can be very hard to distinguish between an edible and a poisonous mushroom. We recommend, because of this, that you don't eat wild mushrooms at all, and this site does not contain any information about the edibility or toxicity of the mushrooms listed here.

Although efforts have been made to ensure accuracy on this website, the information may contain errors and omissions and should not be relied upon and be used as any basis for eating any plants or mushrooms.




Cookie notice

We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and to show you relevant advertising, as well as to analyze traffic.

Learn more about cookies


DISCLAIMER

Many of the most common mushrooms are poisonous and some are lethally poisonous and this website cannot and will not tell you whether the mushrooms you find are safe.

In viewing the material on this website you agree that Mushroom World and its owner have no liability for injury, illness or death caused by eating wild plants or mushrooms after viewing this site.

If you continue, you agree to view this website under these terms.