Cap 0.3-1.5 cm diameter, stem 1.5-4 cm tall * 0.05-0.1 cm thick
This site contains no information about the edibility or toxicity of mushrooms.
Marasmiellus perforans is a very small, delicate, whitish agaric with a tough stem that is very thin and long relative to the mushroom's size. The mushroom grows on spruce needles and has a smell that is strongly unpleasant, resembling rotten cabbage or garlic. The odour is most noticeable when crushed.
Cap initially vaulted as a young specimen, later spreading, slightly wrinkled at the edges. The upper surface of the cap is dull, changing colour with moisture: light brown when damp, becoming pale when dry. Gills spaced apart, slightly decurrent, light brown. Stem thin, long relative to the mushroom's size, equal diameter, black-brown at the base, slightly lighter towards the top, matte. Spore print white.
Microscopic Features: The spores are 5–8 x 3–3.5 μm in size, drop-shaped and smooth, colourless, and inamyloid.
Many mushrooms are poisonous and some are lethally poisonous. It can be very difficult to distinguish between an edible and a poisonous mushroom. Because of that, we recommend that you never eat wild mushrooms, and this site does not contain any information about the edibility or toxicity of mushrooms.
Although efforts have been made to ensure accuracy on this website, the information may contain errors and omissions. Therefore, the information presented here is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon as any basis for consuming any plants or mushrooms.
Links to external websites that provide information about mushrooms are included for reference purposes only. We do not endorse, or assume responsibility for the information, content, or recommendations provided on these external sites.