MUSHROOM WORLD
www.mushroom.world
Your resource for fungi information
Otidea onotica   (Lemon-Peel Cup)
Family
Pyronemataceae
Location
North America, Europe
Dimensions
1.5-4 cm diameter * 3-9 cm tall
Edibility
This site contains no information about the edibility or toxicity of mushrooms.

Description
Otidea onotica, also known as Lemon-Peel Cup, is a pinkish-yellow, irregular cup-formed fungus that grows solitary and in small trooping groups on soil in broad-leaf and mixed woods from spring to early autumn. It tends to grow under beech trees.

Fruiting body lemon-yellow to yellow or rosy orange. The ear-shaped, spoon-shaped or cuplike cup is split down one side and has a stemlike, off-white base and wavy margin. The thin, pale flesh may develop rusty spots with age. Spore print white.

Microscopic Features: The spores are ellipsoidal and smooth, measuring 12-14 x 6-7┬Ám. Each spore generally contains two oil drops.

Otidea onotica on the First Nature Web site.
Otidea onotica on the MushroomExpert.Com Web site.

Many mushrooms are poisonous and some are lethally poisonous. It can be very difficult to distinguish between an edible and a poisonous mushroom. Because of that, we recommend that you never eat wild mushrooms, and this site does not contain any information about the edibility or toxicity of mushrooms.

Although efforts have been made to ensure accuracy on this website, the information may contain errors and omissions. Therefore, the information presented here is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon as any basis for consuming any plants or mushrooms.

Links to external websites that provide information about mushrooms are included for reference purposes only. We do not endorse, or assume responsibility for the information, content, or recommendations provided on these external sites.




Cookie notice

We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and to show you relevant advertising, as well as to analyze traffic.

Learn more about cookies


DISCLAIMER

Many mushrooms are poisonous and some are lethally poisonous and this website cannot and will not tell you whether the mushrooms you find are safe.

In viewing the material on this website you agree that Mushroom World and its owner have no liability for injury, illness or death caused by eating wild plants or mushrooms after viewing this site.

If you continue, you agree to view this website under these terms.