This site contains no information about the edibility or toxicity of mushrooms.
Suillus bovinus, also known as the Cow mushroom, is a small, orange-rusty brown bolete, with a convex to flat cap and short, ringless stem. The mushroom occurs often in large groups beneath pine trees, often beside forest paths, in clearings and at the edges of woods.
grey-yellow or ochre with a pink tinge, initially convex, then flat with a wavy margin. The flesh is spongy and rubbery, whitish, yellowish or clay-coloured and has a fruity smell. Pores
at first pallid olive or buff, becoming more ochraceous with age, angular, compound, unequal, and large. The tubes are sometimes slightly decurrent to the stem. Stem
pallid yellowish sienna, more or less equal or tapering at the base. Unlike many members of the Suillus genus, it does not have a stem ring. Spore print
olive-green or brown.
The spores are smooth and subfusiform, measuring 8-10μm in length and 3-4μm in width.
on the www.first-nature.com web site.
Many mushrooms are poisonous and some are lethally poisonous. It can be very difficult to distinguish between an edible and a poisonous mushroom. Because of that, we recommend that you never eat wild mushrooms, and this site does not contain any information about the edibility or toxicity of mushrooms.
Although efforts have been made to ensure accuracy on this website, the information may contain errors and omissions. Therefore, the information presented here is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon as any basis for consuming any plants or mushrooms.
Links to external websites that provide information about mushrooms are included for reference purposes only. We do not endorse, or assume responsibility for the information, content, or recommendations provided on these external sites.